Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


4-1 And more to come!

Rebels Thrash Epsom
by Nathan on 17/08/2003

A Match Report from yesterdays epic win over Epsom & Ewell.

Epsom & Ewell 1-4 Slough Town

Date: 16/08/03
KO: 3:00 PM
Venue: Merland Rise (Banstead Athletic FC)
Slough Goals: M Miller (7 min) Haddow (41 min) Boot (77 min) Hodges (87)
Opponent Goals: Morris (66 min)
Attendance: 150+

1st Half

After a poor pre-season the Rebels were hard-up for some points and it showed, the players linked up well in midfield and up-front and the defence dealt with everything it had to. Matt Miller put us ahead on 7 minutes when a well-placed pass found him in space, trouble was that he was 30 yards from Dave Hyatt's goal. But he ran through the defence almost effortlessly and slotted the ball home.

Slough pushed forward every time they got hold of the ball and it was amasing how well they knew each other, they seemed to read each other's minds and somebody else was always on hand whenever something went wrong. And, although Slough continued like this, and after some defensive errors that nearly lead to Epsom snatching an equaliser, it took Slough up until 41 minutes to get a second goal.

A Haddow free-kick on the edge of the area took the slightest of deflections to send it under the keeper and into the net.

2nd Half

There was more good football to follow, much to the delight of the traveling Slough fans.

Slough picked up in the second half where they left off in the first, with Miller, Boot and Steer all going close. Then a Steve Daly header from a corner was heading for the top corner, but Epsom's Graham Morris brilliantly headed the ball over his own bar to keep them in the game.

20 minutes into the second half Epsom made two substitutes and minutes later they earned a penalty. When Haddow lost the ball in our half, Ingham ran away and it took three players to take him down. Barrowcliff missed him, Daly slid past him and Adrian Brown pulled him down inside the area. The referee booked him and Morris stepped up and fired the ball into the roof of the net for 2-1.

Slough continued to pressurise the Epsom defence with Tony Boot going close on several occasions, several shots hitting the post and some good catches from the Epsom keeper, Dave Hyatt.

It was on 77 minutes when Tony Boot finally got the goal he deserved when he ran down the right flank while getting close to the goal. He saw his first shot come off the keeper but his miss-hit rebound skimmed the feet of the keeper and rolled slowly into the net.

Ten minutes later substitute Ian Hodges ran onto a rebound that came off the keeper. Luckily for him it was high enough for him the head the ball past the keeper and into the net, witch he did with perfection and confidence.

When the final whistle went the Slough fans applauded the team for a job well done. Rightfully so.

RebelsOnline Man of the Match: Matt Miller: I can see why he was the top goalscorer in Division One North last season!

The Slough Team

1. Alan Foster
2. Adrian Brown
3. Danny Steer
4. Steve Daly
5. Nick Gyoury
6. Chris Payne
7. Alex Haddow
8. Ryan Spencer
9. Matt Miller
10. Tony Boot
11. Glen Harris
S1 Ian Hodges

S2 C O'Rourke
S3 Freddie Hyatt

S4 Daniel Whatford
S5 M Bartley

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.