Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Bishops Stortford 2-1 Rebels

Rebels Crash out of Trophy
by Nathan on 07/11/2003

The match report from our 2-1 defeat at the hands of Bishops Stortford on Tuesday night.

Bishops Stortford


Slough Town


Wiltshire (1-0)
Southam (2-1)

1st Round Replay


Miller (1-1)

Date: 04/11/2003
KO: 7:45 PM
Venue: Woodside Park
Attendance: 217
The Report
Slough Town were knocked out of this seasons' FA Trophy via a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Bishops Stortford. In a fiercely fought encounter, Slough Town were poor in the first half but good in the second.

Bishops Stortford totally dominated the early part of the game. They could have gone ahead in the first minute had it not been for Alan Foster saving McKeown's shot and for Danny Steer's clearance off the line.

It was two minutes later when Bishops Stortford had another chance to break the deadlock. Gwillam's shot was well saved by Alan Foster but soon afterwards, Adrian Browne gifted them another opportunity to score. He took down a Stortford player on the edge of the area. Grant Cooper took the free-kick that went just over the crossbar.

Bishops Stortford were dominating, but the Slough defence stood firm and blocked out any opportunities for Stortford to score.

A Bishops Stortford goal was just around the corner though. Debutant Darren Wiltshire headed home from a Grant Cooper free-kick that no Slough defender could reach.

Slough soon scored an unexpected equaliser. Ryan Spencer ran through the Stortford defence and crossed it into the area for Matt Miller to hit the ball into the net.

Bishops Stortford could have retaken the lead immediately after that. Alan Foster was again on hand to stop a Southam shot. Danny Steer was again on hand to clear it off the line.

The half-time whistle went and Slough went into the break at 1-1 and with some work to do.

Nick Gyoury went off early in the second half and was replaced by Mark Bartley.

Glen Harris ran through the Stortford defence and upon realising that their keeper was off his line, seized the opportunity to shoot. Unluckily for him it rebounded off the crossbar and the Stortford defence were able to clear the danger.

Slough were now matching their Premier Division opponents.

The lack of pace in defence lead to Stortford's second goal and the match winner. Adrian Browne was beaten by Southam who then shot from 25 yards out. The low ball managed to slide underneath the arms of Alan Foster and into the empty net.

Tony Boot later came on for Freddie Hyatt to inject some spirit into the downed Slough team. This seemed to have an immediate effect because soon afterwards Ian Hodges headed just wide of the post.

For the remainder of the game Slough battled hard but were unable to find another equaliser.

So, that's another season of FA Trophy football out the window. Maybe next year...


If you were at the match but have a different opinion, spotted any mistakes or if you would like to contribute any match photos or other material to our reports, please drop us an e-mail at

The Slough Side
1 Alan Foster
2 Adrian Browne
3 Glen Harris
4 Michael Murphy
5 Nick Gyoury
6 Ryan Spencer
7 Freddie Hyatt
8 Darron Wilkinson
9 Ian Hodge
10 Matt Miller
11 Danny Steer


S1 Mark Bartley
S2 Tony Boot
S3 Steve Daly
S4 Chris Payne
S5 None

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Alan Foster

Pulled of some unbelievable saves to keep us in the match.

Match Photos


Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.