Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Marlow 0-0 Rebels

Stalemate at Marlow
by Nathan on 20/12/2003

Slough fans travelled the short distance to Marlow hoping for another high-scoring game. How dissappointed they were when the final whistle blew.



Slough Town



Division One South



Date: 20/12/2003
KO: 3:00 PM
Venue: Marlow
Attendance: 291
The Report
Slough fans travelled the short distance to Marlow in a sense of excitement following last week's 7-1 thrashing of Epsom & Ewell. But this tie was a much tighter affair. This match could have gone either way. Both teams had the possession and the chances, but not the finishing touch. But there are some injury worries yet again for the Rebels, Ryan Spencer came off midway through the first-half, Ian Hodges had to be treated for a head injury in the second half and Matt Miller (left) had to be escorted off the field by club physio Kevin McGoldrick at the end of the game.

Slough kicked-off and immediately went on the attack. Freddie Hyatt's (right) long ball up-field came to nothing as it went straight off for a goal-kick. Seconds later, a throw-on to Slough was headed away straight to Matt Miller whose volley went narrowly wide of the target.

After a few minutes, Darron Wilkinson (below left) got booked for a foul on Marlow's number 9. The resulting free-kick hit the wall and eventually went off for a corner. The corner came to nothing.

Both teams had their fair share of early possession, but if only a goal had been scored this could have been a much different story.

On 20 minutes, Matt Miller almost scored his first goal in over a month when he headed just over the bar from a Steve Daly cross from the right.

During the first-half, both sides had even possession and good opportunities to get on the scoresheet, but a goal just simply wouldn't come.

The second-half was almost a carbon copy of the first-half had it not been for the shocking refereeing. The referee missed several handballs and gave the wrong decisions all the time.

The first spell of real pressure came on around the hour-mark. Adrian Browne (right) had a go at goal after a run into the area and Steve Daly had a header tipped over the bar but still a goal didn't come.

The game continued like this until the final whistle with Freddie Hyatt getting booked on 65 minutes being the only event being different from the run of play.

The Slough Side
1 Alan Foster
2 Michael Murphy
3 Danny Steer
4 Steve Daly
5 Martin Moller
6 Darron Wilkinson
7 Freddie Hyatt
8 Ryan Spencer
9 Ian Hodge
10 Tony Boot
11 Matt Miller


S1 Adrian Browne (on for Miller)
S2 Glen Harris (on for Hyatt)
S3 Chris Payne
S4 Ellyas Bakishan
S5 Mark Bartley (on for Spencer)

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Danny Steer

Caused Marlow all sorts of problems down the left

Match Photos


Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.