Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Bracknell 4 - 2 Rebels

Rebels slump to ten man Bracknell
by Nathan on 07/03/2004

Slough Town's unbeaten run came to an end on Saturday when they visited near neighbours Bracknell Town.

Bracknell Town


Slough Town


Palmer (1-0, 4-1)
Crittenden (2-1)
Smith (3-1)

Division One South


Tony Boot (1-1, 4-2)

Date: 06/03/2004
KO: 3:00 PM
Venue: Larges Lane
Attendance: 311
The Report
Slough Town slumped to a 4-2 defeat to near rivals Bracknell Town at Larges Lane despite the Robins going down to ten men for much of the second-half. It also ended our recent run of seven games unbeaten (eight games if you include cup competitions).

There was an early injury worry in the form of midfielder Darron Wilkinson (left) who hurt himself during the pre-match warm-up. Things didn't get much better as he picked up a knock early on in the game and had to be replaced by Alex Haddow.

Bracknell started the better team and it came as no surprise when they took the lead through Jon Palmer when he picked up a through ball from Hayward and slotted past Alan Foster.

The Rebels pushed for an equaliser and got one on 20 minutes when Veli Hakki found Tony Boot (right) in space. Boot ran with the ball and hit the ball to the left of the keeper for 1-1.

The rest of the half was pretty evenly matched with both teams having chances, but it was Bracknell who went into the half-time break with the one-goal advantage, thanks to an effort from Adam Crittenden. Neither Steve Daly nor Michael Murphy were able to deal with a loose ball and that allowed Crittenden a free run on goal for 2-1.

Slough searched for another equaliser from the start of the second-half and it wasn't long before they had a chance to get back on level terms. Edwards took Tony Boot down in the box, the referee awarded a penalty but Tony Boot failed to provide the goods with a poorly taken penalty which was easily saved by Robins goalkeeper Hutt.

Edwards got sent off for this and this gave Slough hope as they now only had to deal with ten men. However, they failed to take advantage of it, and it cost them.

With fifteen minutes remaining Lee Riddle, was taken off to be replaced by striker Matt Miller (above left).

This had no effect whatsoever and Bracknell rounded off the afternoon with two well-taken goals. The first came about when Gavins shot wasn't cleared by Daly and went past Alan Foster (right).

Andy Deaner was brought on in an attempt to try to salvage something from this game but all of Denton's efforts went in vain.

The fourth goal for Bracknell came when another mistake by Daly allowed Jon Palmer to fire across the face of goal and into the net for his second of the afternoon.

Slough did however manage to grab a consolation goal in injury time when an Ian Hodges (left) corner was met by the head of Tony Boot who headed home.

Ah well, we were bound to see another poor Slough performance sooner or later, I was just hoping it wouldn't be today.

The Slough Side
1 Alan Foster
2 Lee Riddell
3 Paul Barrowcliff
4 Steve Daly
5 Michael Murphy
6 Glen Harris
7 Darron Wilkinson
8 Veli Hakki
9 Ian Hodges
10 Tony Boot
11 Ryan Williams


S1 Matt Miller
S2 Danny Steer
S3 Martin Moller
S4 Mark Bartley
S5 Andy Deaner

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Ryan Williams

Worked his socks off in midfield

Match Photos


Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.