Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Rebels (Slough) 1 - 1 Rebels (Worthing)

Worthing Report (H)
by Nathan on 28/04/2004

Slough Town edged closer to promotion after a hard-fought draw at Stag Meadow on Tuesday night.

Slough Town




Ian Hodges (1-0)

Division One South


TBA (1-1)

Date: 27/04/2004
KO: 7:45 PM
Venue: Stag Meadow
Attendance: 465
The Report

Slough Town stepped closer to promotion on Tuesday night when they played the Rebels from Worthing at Stag Meadow and gained a deserved point, extinguishing Worthing's faint hopes of the title in the process.

The Rebels had both Josias Carbon and Tony Boot missing through suspension. Ryan Williams (pictured left) replaced Carbon at right-back and Matt Miller (pictured below right) got his first league start in over three months, partnering Ian Hodges up front.

The first-half was a scrappy affair, although the Rebels (from Slough) did look good in the opening five minutes. Both teams had even possession and had a fair number of shots, but neither team looked threatening for long periods.

Half-Time Score: 0-0

Over half-time the clouds over Stag Meadow (pictured left) opened to the heavens with heavy rain through the break. It came as a surprise that the referee decided to continue the game and not to call it off.

The pitch had large puddles on it when the teams emerged from the dressing room for the second-half. The wet pitch made it difficult for both teams to defend properly and it particular showed on two occasions during the second-half. Alan Foster (pictured right) ran up to try and clear the ball upfield, but the water made it stop and so Alan foster missed the ball and hit the ground instead.

The second time was when Michael Murphy attempted to clear the ball, but mishit it due to the rain and it hit at a Worthing forward, casuing it to spin towards Alan Foster (pictured above right) in the Slough goal, and he almost dropped it.

The Rebels got their breakthrough when Matt Seedal (who came on for Matt Miller during the second-half) provided Ian Hodges (pictured left) with a through down the center. Hodges calmly hit the ball past the 'keeper and into the net.

No sooner had the celebrations finished when Worthing went on the attack straight from the restart, one of their forwards threaded the ball through to another on of their forwards who slammed the ball home from the edge of the penalty area.

Slough Town need only a point from the final game of the season to guarantee promotion. The Rebels entertain Croydon on Saturday and will be looking for revenge for the defeat they suffered at the Croydon Sports Arena back in November. On that day The Trams beat a dismal Rebels side 1-0. Rebels supporters will best remember that match because Slough had a clear goal dissallowed when the ball crossed the line when a Alex Haddow corner was headed on by Matt Miller.

The Slough Side
1 Alan Foster
2 Ryan Williams
3 Martin Moller
4 Steve Daly
5 Michael Murphy
6 Glen Harris
7 Darron Wilkinson
8 Veli Hakki
9 Ian Hodges
10 Matt Miller
11 Alex Haddow


S1 Danny Steer
S2 Nick Gyoury
S3 Matt Seedal
S4 Paul Barrowcliff
S5 Mark Bartley

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Ryan Williams / Steve Daly

Can't chose between the two as they played so well in defence

Match Photos


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.