Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Harrow 1-2 Rebels

Rebels win on the road
by Nathan on 18/12/2004

Slough made it two wins on the bounce following this hard-fought victory over Harrow Borough at Earlsmead.

Harrow Borough


Slough Town

TBA (2-1)


Ian Hodges (1-0)
Matt Murphy (2-0)

Ryman League Premier Division
Saturday 18th December 2004
The Report
Slough Town travelled to Earlsmead to take on Harrow Borough on Saturday afternoon. The Rebels were looking to make it two wins on the bounce following the FA Cup defeat two weeks ago.

Slough had winger Alex Haddow suspended for five yellow cards, and still had Darron Wilkinson and Nick Gyoury out with injuries, but the good news was that Veli Hakki had returned to the starting line-up with a place on the substitutes bench. This meant than Danny Steer made a rare start in the first team and Ryan Spencer was put back into midfield.

Harrow could have taken the lead as early as the 1st minute. A long ball from the right wing fell to a Harrow forward, but was prevented a clear run on goal by an excellent sliding tackle from Rebels skipper Steve Daly.

Two minutes later and slough were on the attack. Josias Carbon crossed from the left wing found Ian Hodges who guided a powerful header across the goal and inside the far post.

Within ten minutes of kick-off, the Rebels found themselves two goals to the good. Total confusion in the Harrow defence led to Matt Murphy pouncing on a loose ball and sending it past the Harrow 'keeper and into the net from close range.

Slough could have taken a three goal lead but Steve Daly headed just over the bar from Glen Harris's free-kick.

Tem minutes later Slough could have got that third goal, but Christian Metcalfe's cross was just a bit too far for Ian Hodges diving header.

Soon afterwards, Harrow could have found themselves back into he game when a shot from inside the penalty area forced a great one-handed save from Rebels 'keeper Shaun Allaway.

Half-time: Harrow Borough 0-2 Slough Town

Harrow pulled a goal back with 7 minutes of the second-half gone. A shot from the edge of the area crept inside the near post.

Harrow were now starting to dominate. Rebels manager Eddie Denton tried to change things around with substitutions. On 63 minutes, Matt Miller, who hadn't scored in a first team game since January, was bough on to replace the ineffective Ian Hodges, and on 69 minutes Veli Hakki replaced Glen Harris. Both substitutions had little affect.

Harrow were pushing hard for an equaliser, and the would have got it had they had an in-form goalscorer on the pitch. It was only that and some desperate Slough defending that was preventing Harrow from that equaliser.

Slough launched they first real attack of the second-half on 82 minutes. Matt Murphy received the ball down the left. He passed to Josias Carbon, but his shot went horribly wide of the target.

The Rebels could have wrapped the game up with five minutes remaining, but Ryan Spencer's shoot too went wide of the goal.

As at what happened at home to Dover last week, when the final whistle blew the Slough fans went home knowing the team were perhaps a little lucky to have escaped with the three points.

The Slough Side
1 Shaun Allaway
2 Josias Carbon
3 Michael Murphy
4 Steve Daly (c)
5 James Saulsbury
6 Danny Steer
7 Ryan Spencer
8 Glen Harris (off for Hakki, 69 mins)
9 Ian Hodges (off for Miller, 63 mins)
10 Matt Murphy
11 Christian Metcalfe


S1 Veli Hakki
S2 Matt Seedel
S3 Matt Miller
S4 Martin Moller
S5 Michael Parkin
Attendance: 240

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Shaun Allaway

Kept us in the game with some good saves during the 2nd half.

Goals & Major incidents
1 min
A long ball forward by a Harrow midfielder puts another Harrow forward through, but is denied a shot on goal by a good sliding tackle by Steve Daly.

3 mins : GOAL - Harrow 0-1 Slough
Josias Carbon's cross from right wing finds Ian Hodges who heads the ball into the net.

9 mins : GOAL - Harrow 0-2 Slough
Total confusion in the Harrow defence leads to Matt Murphy capitalising on a back pass and firing the ball into the net from close range.

11 mins
A Glen Harris free-kick is headed by Hodges to Daly who heads over the bar from close range.

14 mins
Glen Harris passes to the advancing Josias Carbon down the left flank. Carbon's cross/shot goes over the bar.

23 mins
A cross by Christian Metcalfe goes across the goalmouth, narrowly missing Ian Hodges diving header.

25 mins
A Harrow shot from inside the area forces Shaun Allaway into a great one-handed save.

28 mins
A free-kick from the left wing finds Danny Steer who mis-controls his header and sends it wide.

41 mins
A Harrow shot goes over the bar.

45 mins
A cross from right wing was heading straight for the oncoming Ian Hodges, but a defender got in the way and clears the ball.

45 mins
A long shot goes just over the bar for slough.

2nd half

52 mins : GOAL - Harrow 1-2 Slough
A shot from the edge of the area flies into the bottom corner of Shaun Allaway's goal.

Off - Ian Hodges
On - Matt Miller

Off - Glen Harris
On - Veli Hakki

75 mins
A Harrow shot from inside the area is saved by Shaun Allaway.

82 mins
Josias Carbon's shot goes wide following Matt Murphy's pass.

85 mins
Ryan Spencer's shot from the edge of the area goes wide.

Match Photos


Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.