Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Ah well, we did well to get this far...

Rebels out of Berks & Bucks Cup
by Nathan on 01/02/2005

The Rebels tonight lost 3-0 at old conference rivals Wycombe Wanderers in the quarter-finals of the Berks & Bucks cup.

Wycombe Wanderers


Slough Town

Ian Stonebridge (1-0)
Ikechi Anya (2-0)
Russell Martin (pen 3-0)



Berks & Bucks Cup Quarter-Final
The Causeway Stadium
Tuesday 1st February 2005
The Report
The Rebels lost to their old conference rivals Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park on Tuesday night. Slough went into half-time with a mountain to climb but a lacklustre 2nd half performance saw them go down by three goals to nil.

Wycombe could have taken the lead as early as the 2nd minute. Gary Bunting took a shot from 20 yards out but it went wide of the target.

Four minutes later, Ikechi Anya ran into the Slough area, but his shot was blocked by a Slough defender.

With eight minutes gone, Matt Miller (pictured above left) had a chance to open the scoring. His shot following Ryan Spencer's (pictured right) through ball was blocked by a defender.

He had another chance to do the same seven minutes later, but, not only was his shot straight at the Wycombe goalkeeper, but he was also caught in an offside position.

Wycombe took the lead on 21 minutes when Ian Stonebridge buried a free-kick right into the far corner from the right hand side, just outside the area.

Five minutes later, Slough had a chance to level the scores. Josias Carbon was fouled en route to goal. Alex Haddow's free kick was deflected wide for a corner, but Steve Daly's header from the corner was cleared away by a defender.

With just over half an hour gone, the hosts doubled their lead. Ikechi Anya, who was a constant threat throughout the game, hit the ball into the corner of the goal from inside the area.

Barely four minutes afterwards, Matt Miller's header was palmed away by the 'keeper and the ball bounced across the goalmouth before a defender managed to clear it.

Shaun Allaway was forced into a good save with five minutes to go until half time, tipping the ball around the far post from a curling shot inside the area.

Wycombe could have gone into the half time break with a three-goal lead, but Russell Martin's shot rebounded off the post on 42 minutes.

2nd Half

Eddie Denton decided to bring on Veli Hakki in place of Matt Seedel for the start of the second half.

Wycombe dictated the game for much of the second half, the visitors didn't manage one shot during the entire second half.

The Rebels made their second substitution of the match on 53 minutes, Danny Steer (pictured left) replacing the injured Steve Daly.

Shaun Allaway pulled off another good save with just over an hour on the clock, diving low to his left to save a shot from close range.

Slough made a third substitution, Leigh Mason coming on for Matt Miller on 69 minutes.

The hosts made their first substitutions a couple of minutes after the Rebels had made their third, Gary Bunting being replaced by Andy Savage. They made their second minutes later, this time it was Douglas who came on and Mark Philo who went off.

Wycombe hit the post following a header from a corner with just over ten minutes remaining.

Ian Hodges (pictured right) was booked with five minutes to go following a tackle on a Wycombe midfielder.

With five minutes left, The Swans made their third substitution of the game, goalscorer Ian Stonebridge being replaced by their no.17.

With one minute of normal time remaining, Wycombe made it three-nil when Russell Martin buried a penalty into the right hand corner, even though Shaun Allaway guessed the right way.

The Teams

Wycombe Wanderers

Slough Town

1. Flowers
2. Gary Silk
3. Gary Bunting (S3)
4. Russell Martin
5. Tom Cadmore
6. Gregory
7. Sonny Ball
8. Matt Fox
9. Ian Stonebridge (S5)
10. Mark Philo (S2)
11. Ikechi Anya
S1. n/k
S2. Kamara
S3. Andy Savage
S4. Douglas
S5. n/k
Manager Steve Brown
1. Shaun Allaway
2. Josias Carbon
3. Matt Seedel (S1)
4. Steve Daly (S2)
5. James Saulsbury
6. Alex Haddow
7. Ryan Spencer
8. Glen Harris
9. Ian Hodges
10. Matt Miller (S4)
11. Christian Metcalfe
S1. Veli Hakki
S2. Danny Steer
S3. Adam Kassin
S4. Leigh Mason
S5. Michael Parkin
Manager Eddie Denton
Attendance: 300

Match Officials

Referee - Miss A Chapman
Assistant referee - Mr A.J. Gillet
Assistant referee - Mr C.D.C Wicks

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Shaun Allaway

Did well to keep the score down

Goals & Major Incidents
2 mins
Gary Bunting takes a shot from 20 yards out. His shot goes narrowly wide of the target.

6 mins
Ikechi Anya runs into the Slough penalty area, but his shot is blocked by a Slough defender.

Matt Millers shot is deflected wide by a Wycombe defender following Ryan Spencer's through ball.

Matt Millers shot goes straight at Wycombe goalkeeper, but Miller is caught offside.

Wycombe shot is deflected wide. The resulting corner comes to nothing.

21:32 - GOAL
Ian Stonebridge scores via a free-kick by the edge of the area. Wycombe 1-0 Slough.

Josias Carbon is fouled en route to the goal. Alex Haddow's free-kick is deflected wide for a corner, but it comes to nothing.

Carbons cross is cut back into the area, but no-one is there to meet it.

31:18 - GOAL
Ikechi Anya makes it 2-0 to the hosts when he fires a shot in from inside the area. Wycombe 2-0 Slough.

Matt Millers header is palmed away by Wycombe goalkeeper.

Matt Seedel gives the ball to the oncoming Josias Carbon down the right flank. Carbon's shot goes straight at the 'keeper.

Good save from Rebels goalkeeper Shaun Allaway when he tips a curling shot around the far post from inside the area.

Russell Martin's shot hits the upright and rebounds to safety.

Half-time whistle blows just as Matt Miller is putt through on goal.

On - Veli Hakki
Off - Matt Seedel

2nd Half

On - Danny Steer
Off - Steve Daly

Shaun Allaway pulls off good save, diving down low to his left to save a shot from close range.

On - Leigh Mason
Off - Matt Miller

On - Andy Savage
Off - Gary Bunting

On - Kamara
Off - Mark Philo

Allaway makes another good save when he saves a fierce shot from the edge of the penalty area. A header hits the post from the resulting corner.

84 mins
Ian Hodges is booked for a foul on a Wycombe midfielder.

On - no.17
Off - Ian Stonebridge

89 mins - GOAL
Russell Martin penalty beats Shaun Allaway. Shot is buried into right hand corner. Shaun Allaway guessed the correct way. Wycombe 3-0 Slough.

90 mins
Ikechi Anya runs into penalty area and almost makes it 4-0 after he beats Alex Haddow and Danny Steer, but fires his shot wide.

FULL TIME - Wycombe 3-0 Slough.

Match Photos


Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.