Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Scored our goal

Rebels pick up vital away point
by Nathan on 19/03/2005

Slough travelled to Wealdstone on Friday night, with whom they fought out a 1 -1 draw.



Slough Town

TBA (1-0)


Matt Murphy (1-1)

Ryman League Premier Division
The White Lion Ground
Friday 18th March 2005
The Report
Slough picked up a valuable away point at Wealdstone on Friday evening.

With Steve Daly and Shaun Allaway turning up some 10-15 minutes before kick-off, they didn't have time to warm up with the rest of the team and thus were put on the subs bench.

Wealdstone could have opened the scoring with little over ten minutes gone when Michael Parkin bundled a long through ball, but James Saulsbury came to the rescue and made a vital bock to prevent a certain goal.

Barely three minutes later however, the Stones did take the lead when James Saulsbury was beaten on the right wing, for a Wealdstone forward to put the ball past Parkin.

Slough equalised before long when Josias Carbon delivered a dangerous cross into the penalty area which was cleared only as far as Matt Murphy (pictured left) who made no mistake in slamming the ball home from the centre of the penalty area.

Soon afterwards, Wealdstone's Jermaine Beckford managed to get himself sent off for retaliating to a late Ian Hodges (pictured below right) challenge on him by punching the centre back/centre forward, despite allegations that Hodges had spat on him. Hodges got away with a yellow card.

Slough were denied a clear penalty on 40 minutes when a Wealdstone defender went through Josias Carbon to get to the ball, but the referee saw this as perfectly fair play and gave Slough the corner.

The Rebels came close to taking the lead soon afterwards, but Matt Seedel's volley from Dan Cann's cross rebounded off the crossbar.

2nd half

About a minute into the 2nd half, the hosts came close to adding a second goal, but their forward fired wide of the target after he had beat Michael Parkin to the ball.

Not alot happened after that until about 82 minutes, when substitute Matt Miller (pictured right) hit the ball on the volley, only for it to dip narrowly over the crossbar.

Slough had another chance to take a late lead, but Josias Carbon's (pictured right) shot took the slightest of deflections off a defender and skimmed the far post for a corner.

The Teams


Slough Town

1. A. Carter
2. Shaw (12)
3. Tucker
4. Champion
5. Ryan
6. M. Carter
7. Cahill
8. Sparrowhawk
9. Jermaine Beckford
10. Jolly
11. Michnowicz (15)
1. Michael Parkin
2. Josias Carbon
3. Matt Seedel
4. Daniel Cann
5. James Saulsbury
6. Veli Hakki (12)
7. Michael Murphy
8. Glen Harris (14)
9. Ian Hodges (16)
10. Matt Murphy
11. Christian Metcalfe
Subs Subs
12. Alexander (2)
14. TBA
15. Tilbury
16. TBA
17. TBA
12. Leigh Mason
14. Matt Miller
15. Sam Shepherd
16. Steve Daly
17. Shaun Allaway
Manager Gordon Bartlett Manager Eddie Denton
Attendance: 444

Match Officials

Referee - S. S. Thiarra
Assistant referee - D. Raval
Assistant referee - C. M. Turner

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Josias Carbon

Set one up and almost scored himself.

Match Photos


Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.