Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Yeading 3-3 Rebels

Yeading 3-3 Rebels
by Nathan on 20/04/2005

The Rebels put in a vastly improved performance to gain a well earned draw at table toppers Yeading.



Slough Town

Davis Haule (1-1)
Steve Wales (3-2)
Nevin Saroya (3-3)


Matt Murphy (1-0)
Leigh Mason (2-1)
Matt Murphy (3-1)

Ryman League Premier Division
The Warren
Tuesday 19th April 2005
The Report
A determined Slough side, out to avenge their FA Cup defeat earlier in the season were denied all three points by a injury time leveller by Nevin Saroya.

The Rebels had taken the lead after only two minutes, Matt Murphy's lob getting the better of Yeading goalkeeper Ross Flitney from Darron Wilkinson's long ball.

The hosts equaliser soon afterwards. Within one minute of DJ Campbell being denied by Rebels goalkeeper Michael Parkin, Davis Haule met Leon Woodruffe's corner and just about managed to cross the line despite Michael Parkin's attempts to keep it out.

With ten minutes gone and Slough went 2-1 up. Michael Murphy's free-kick found the head of Matt Murphy who set up Leigh Mason to hit the ball on the half-volley to put the Rebels into the lead.

After several missed attempts at both ends of the pitch, Slough managed to go into the half-time break with a two goal cushion.

Just minutes after Matt Murphy had hit the post with a header, he found the back of the net for the second time in the game when he tapped Steve Daly's flick on over the goalkeeper.

2nd half

With just under an hour on the gone, it was looking like Slough would take the points, but Steve Wales put Yeading back into the game when he fired a shot past Michael Parkin following Protain's pass.

Slough were beginning to get shaky at the back as time went on and Yeading kept piling on the pressure with the hosts going close on a number of occasions, and the inevitable happened in injury time. Alex Stanley unleashed a free-kick into the box for Nevin Saroya to fire the ball past Michael Parkin to give Yeading a point.

The Teams


Slough Town

1. Ross Flitney
2. Steve Wales
3. Leon Woodruffe (14)
4. Dean Palmer
5. Nevin Saroya
6. Alex Stanley
7. Davis Haule
8. Darthaniel Brown
9. Marvin Morgan (12)
10. Dudley Campbell
11. David Clarke
1. Michael Parkin
2. Josias Carbon
3. Michael Murphy
4. Steve Daly
5. James Saulsbury
6. Matt Seedel (12)
7. Darron Wilkinson
8. Leigh Mason
9. Danny Steer
10. Matt Murphy
11. Christian Metcalfe
Subs Subs
12. Errol Telemague
14. Emond Protain
15. Bradley Quamina
16. Bobby Behzadi
17. Keith Newby
12. Ryan Spencer
14. Sam Shepherd
15. Matt Miller
16. Veli Hakki
17. Shaun Allaway
Manager John Hippolyte Manager Eddie Denton
Attendance: 202

Match Officials

Referee - Mr. G. Horwood
Assistant referee -TBA
Assistant referee - TBA

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Michael Murphy

Caused Yeading all sorts of problems from set pieces.

Match Photos


Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.