Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Scored 2

Rebels progress in League Cup
by Nathan on 08/11/2005

Slough Town scraped past struggling Redbridge into the Westview League Cup 4th Round, meaning that the Rebels start the defence of their trophy on a high.

Slough Town




Ian Hodges
Ian Hodges
Jamie Brooks
. Ian Luck
Jimmy Noakes
Westview League Cup 3rd Round
Stag Meadow
Tuesday 8th November 2005
The Report
Slough progressed in to the 4th Round of the highly prestigious Westview League Cup, courtesy of beating struggling Redbridge for the third time this season.

The 1st half was very scrappy, with both sides finding it hard to control the ball on the wet pitch, making any decent football impossible.

It should have been 2 or 3 all instead of the 1-0 half-time scoreline, with both sides squandering good chances; a Redbridge forward hitting the ball at Rebels 'keeper Michael Parkin when he should have scored, and a solo run from new signing Gareth McCleary forcing a good save from the goalkeeper, but Ian Hodges failing to make contact on the ball for the rebound.

Slough broke the deadlock four minutes before half-time, Ian Hodges (pictured right) calmly heading the ball into the near corner following a cross from the right wing.

2nd half

From the restart, the Rebels lost and regained their lead in quick succession. Firstly, Ian Luck capitalised on poor defending to smack the ball into the bottom corner before Ian Hodges tucked the ball into the back of the net after beating the Redbridge no.4.

The lead was doubled midway through the second-half, with Jamie Brooks scrambling the ball into the net off the goalkeeper's feet from close range.

The visitors gave themselves a glimmer of hope with a bizarre second goal. From a Redbridge goal kick, the ball carried in the wind and sailed up the pitch. Slough goalkeeper Michael Parkin (pictured left) called for it, but misjudged the bounce and the ball sailed over his head and into the net, with Redbridge forward Jimmy Noakes getting the slightest of touches in the process.

Despite Redbridge pressurising the Slough goal in an attempt to force a replay, Slough held on for the win and a place in the next round.

The Teams

Slough Town


1. Michael Parkin
2. Josias Carbon
3. Andrew Ballard
4. Steve Daly
5. Mark Avery
6. Leigh Mason
7. Darron Wilkinson
8. Gareth McCleary
9. Ian Hodges
10. Jamie Brooks
11. Adam Paget
1. Sam Bird  
2. Sam Holloway  
3. Tom Chapman  
4. Ben Patten  
5. Keith Rowland  
6. Jamie Langton  
7. Gazmead Dauti (15)
8. Mitch Hahn (14)
9. Clydie Roberts  
10. Petrit Elbi  
11. Ian Luck  
Subs Subs
12. Michael Alexis
14. Leon Woodruffe
15. Matt Seedel
16. Mark West
17. none
12. Benga Ladega  
14. Carl Conway (8)
15. Jimmy Noakes (7)
16. none  
17. none  
Manager Eddie Denton Manager Bob Ritchie

Attendance: 139

Match Officials

RefereeMr. A. Matthews
Assistant RefereeMr. G. Burton
Assistant RefereeMr. A. Quelch

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Ian Hodges

Always got stuck in, as well as scoring two goals.

Match Photos


Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.