Rebels Online
About the Site
News Index
Search the Site
Slough Town FC
Away Fans Guide
Club History
Club Information
Kennedy Park News
Stag Meadow
Supporters Trust
Video Clips
Wexham Park
This Season
Fixtures & Results
Photos Index
Playing Squad
Past Players
Player Profiles
Fun & Games



The Poll

Should I ever fix this poll?


View Current Standings


Welcome return

Rebels humiliated at Leighton
by Nathan on 21/10/2006

Matt Miller's goal couldn't prevent Slough from crashing out of the FA Trophy at the first hurdle at the hands of lower league opposition for the second year running.

Leighton Town

Slough Town



TBA . Matt Miller
FA Trophy 1st Qualifying Round
Leighton Town FC
Saturday 21st October 2006
The Report
Leighton Town of the Southern League Division One West deservedly claimed a place in the 2nd Qualifying Round draw after sweeping aside a very poor Slough side.

Yet it had all started so well for Slough. Matt Miller, having taken all of the 04/05 season to search for a goal (to no avail), it took him little under 20 minutes playing time to find one upon his return to the club as he volleyed beyond the reach of the 'keeper from the edge of the area.

However, 2 minutes of defensive madness followed. Firstly, an unmarked forward managed to fire the ball in at the far post for Leighton's equaliser. Then another unmarked forward volleyed the ball into the top corner of the net to put the home side in front.

From then on, however much Slough huffed and puffed, they couldn't break down Leighton's solid defence.

Those who thought that Slough would come out in the second half and blitz the Leighton goal were to be disappointed as within 2 minutes of the restart, Chris Johnson had doubled Leighton's lead as he was left unmarked in the area to fire the ball in from close range.

The home side then took their foot slightly of the pedal and let Slough enjoy a little more possession, but the best Slough could muster was a mishit Leigh Mason shot that went right into the arms of a grateful goalkeeper.

With the Rebels struggling to cope in the pouring rain, Slough continued in their ultimately vain search for a way back into the game.

Even with Slough now dominating possession, it was always the home side who seemed more likely to score and sure enough, Slough had a free-kick in a dangerous position. This was cleared easily by the defence and all of a sudden Chris Johnson found himself through on goal with no defender in sight and only Kieron Drake to beat. 4-1 and game over.

This was a very disappointing performance, especially as Slough had won their last 2 league games. With Adam Wallace still serving his suspension, Terry Davies starting his suspension on Tuesday and Errol Telemaque starting his on Saturday, things do not look good for the Rebels.

The Teams

Leighton Town

Slough Town

1. Kieron Drake
2. Steve Dell
3. Steve Daly (c)
4. Jamie Jarvis
5. Marc Leach
6. George Moleski
7. Darron Wilkinson (12)
8. Leigh Mason
9. Matt Miller
10. Mark Bartley
11. Terry Davies
Subs Subs
12. Mark West (7)
14. Carl Marsh
15. Leon Woodruffe
16. None
17. None
Manager Keith Scott Manager Mark West

Attendance: 179

Match Officials

Referee TBA
Assistant Referee TBA
Assistant Referee TBA

RebelsOnline Man of the Match

Mark Bartley

Tried hard.

Match Photos

Click Here

Video Clips


If you have anything to contribute towards any of our match reports, or if you would like to report a mistake, incorrect information or an error, please let us know. Email us at

Talk about this on the Fan's Forum

RebelsOnline is an independent website and the views expressed are not necessarily those of
Slough Town Football Club

All photographs, images, text and other content are copyright 2003-2006 RebelsOnline
and must not be reproduced in whole or in part without prior permission.